Information Collected or Received: To fulfil your order/enquiry, you may have to provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information and the details of the product that you are ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information if you contact me directly. This website, Miriam Smith - Watercolour & Textile Artist, stores very limited information about my site visitors. However, I do use some external services which may store data about you. I list what I store and the external services I use below.
• I have a contact me form which allows you to send me a message/enquiry. The details you fill in are passed to me by email but not stored on the website. I will retain the emails sent to me this way and may use your contact details to respond to you about your enquiry.
• I have a comments page which allows you to post a public message to me. If you fill in the name and optional email address boxes your details will be stored on the website and shown publicly so that I, and other website visitors can respond to you by email if they wish.
If you have any queries about my use of your data please use the contact details below. If this does not help you can contact the website hosting service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Uses Sharing and Disclosures: Your information is used to process your order or enquiry, for billing and payments, for identification and authentication, to update and inform you on any ongoing transaction and to resolve any dispute. Your details can be kept up to 6 years to comply with my legal e.g. tax/revenue, obligations but you will not be added to an email or physical mailing list without your consent. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law. I may collect, use, retain and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary, to respond to a legal process or to government requests, to enforce my agreements, terms and policies, to prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activities, for security, or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property and safety of my customers or others. I do not transfer personal information outside of the EU or store your details on Cloud facilities.
Security: I follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to me, both during transmission and after it is received. Please do not send sensitive information to me via email e.g. credit/debit card details.
Your Rights: If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases.
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of or delete your personal information. Except in exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons). I will generally delete your personal information upon request where it is in my power to do so.
• Object. You can object to my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and to receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights, you may have) you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me: For purposes of EU Data Protection Law, I, Miriam Smith, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may mail me at: Miriam Smith, Clava Lodge, Culloden Moor, Inverness, IV2 5EJ, Scotland.