'Rugged coastlines with quirky seabirds, trees that drip emerald greens or dazzling oranges, tiny, yet bold, wildflowers that colour the countryside, these are a few of the subjects that inspire me.'
I work in a variety of media but predominately watercolour, which I love for its fluidity, freshness and unpredictability, properties, which I feel, are echoic of Scotland itself. I paint spontaneously, preferring not to over plan, so that I can work with the medium rather than try to restrain it. I maintain an element of experimentation within my work and painting continues to be an adventure and quite simply, a joy.
Galleries currently showing my work:-
- Macgregor Fine Art - Glasgow
- Castle Gallery - Inverness
- One of a Kind - Inverness
- Logie Steading Gallery - Near Forres (weekends only in January)
- Gallery 48 - Cromarty
- 1896 Gallery - Boat of Garten (closed until Feb)
- Carron Pottery & Gallery - Strathcarron
- Chapel House Arts - Kingussie (closed for winter)
- High St Merchants - Grantown on Spey